Thursday, May 21, 2009

Now I can relax...

Well it was a success! Each class did better than I have ever seen. And Abby was soooo cute! She is such a performer, you would never know because she is so shy, but when she got out on that stage she lit up, smiled the whole time, and loved every minuet of it :)





I coulndn't get her to look at me. There was way too much going on backstage :)

My cute little class... minus one because I couldn't find her. Pre-recital was a little crazy!

Joy and I danced at the beginning of the finale then the rest of the dancers joined us later. It turned out pretty good, even though I had my doubts about myself being included in the whole thing :) it has been years since I have performed. It has been so much fun to work with Joy, she has taught me a lot, not just about being a teacher, but also about being a good person who is courageous in everyday life...thanks for a awesome experience Joy!

Abby got a rose from Grandma Dye and was so excited.

What a fun experience this has been for me, especially when I can do it with my little sweetheart Abby ( and with Aisha dancing off to the side!) Thanks to all those who have supported us and helped with the recital. And a special thanks to my biggest fan, Adam who has never once complained and was always willing to help, love you babe! And to my wonderful Mom who taught me everything I know, I love you so much, Mom.

15 comments:

TipToe through the Tulip said...

best Recital I've ever been to! Seriously! I loved it!!

The Matthews Family said...

How fun! I ALWAYS wanted to be in dance when I was young! Now I can't wait until we can put Makenna in classes! And your little girls look adorable! Oh by the way, I was just wondering the other day, what is Tara up to now days?

Camille said...

There's nothing cuter than little girls all dressed up for their recitals. I love how you can see in their sparkly eyes how pretty they feel! I bet it was the cutest recital!

Jessica said...

So cute!!!

Audra said...

It was such a cute recital! The girls all looked like they were having lots of fun. Great job! Oh and it was awesome to see you and Joy dance in the finale. Way cool!!

Andrew and Steph said...

If and when I have girls I would totally put them in your dance classes! I didn't see your recital but if it's anything like how your mom's teaches I bet it was awesome! Good job!

Tasha said...

What a beautiful family you have! How fuN! =) My mom saw that you wer eon my blog and got soo excited! We was telling me lots of stories about you when you were a little one. She can't believe how much your oldest one looks like you! I agree! =)

Krysta McClure said...

Nothing like seeing the product of your genius. Sad I missed it by a few hours. . . As amazing as Joy is, I'm sure you in turn have produced a wonderful opportunity and blessing for her in return. Two beautiful ladies that are as good as they come. . . and I have the privilege of calling you both friends!!

Dean Family said...

Oh Britt-
I am so proud of you! I have a few tears just looking at you and Abby (the cutest costume I have ever seen)! Abby looks awesome in yellow and a perfect Ballerina. I can't wait to see the dvd!

I love you so much!
Nic

Katie M. said...

Wow,
I wish I lived close enough to put my girls in your class. What fun!!

Ryan, Cyrie and Brielle said...

I so wish I could have been there! I admire that you have continued on with your love of dance in this way and can't wait until Brielle is old enough to join the ranks! Love ya

Linds said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS. I absolutely love her yellow costume. They all looked so beautiful. And what I wouldn't give to have seen you and Joy perform.

Daina said...

Hey, I found your blog on Letecia's...hope it's ok! Your little dancers were so cute! I miss Firth so bad! Tell everyone hi for me!

Cameron and Vanessa said...

Wow, Britt! I bet the recital went awesome! I wish I could've been there. That's neat that you and Joy danced as well. You are such a beautiful dancer.
Love ya!

Linds said...

I'm going to be in town this saturday! We could take pics in the morning before the sun gets too high. Like 9 or so. Let me know! I'l absolutely love to do it for ya!