
I put Aisha is preschool this year (the same fun one I put Abby in a couple years ago) and was she ready and EXCITED! She kept saying things like "Miss Kellie is my teacher" (with a jump and a cheer) and "what color is my school?" and "is it too very far away?"

It wasn't as hard for me this time round. She made it easier when she ran and jumped right in with the other kids, colored a picture of herself, put her name at the top, folded it up really fast, put it in her backpack and said bye in a matter of a minute...I thought "she'll be just fine" Besides it's only a few hours a week....I can do that!


This girl on the other hand is in first grade this year and that means all day without her, missing her, wondering if she'll be brave enough to talk to anyone or make new friend, answer a question or ask a question. When I took her, she was excited, but doesn't like to show it. We got to her class and she let go of my hand, ran to her desk and looked down at her hands. I waved to her and not wanting to attract any attention she waved at me from under her desk...(my heart was hurting at that point) I walked back down that hall with tears in me eyes.

I'm pleased to say that she loves school and is becoming a little smarty pants! It's fun to have a snack with her after she gets home, hold her, read with her and have a long talks about how both our days went. It's my favorite part of the day!
3 comments:
Your girls are so gorgeous! And it's crazy to believe you now have two in school! Weren't we just roommates last year?!? : )
I am missing those girls so much. I can't believe how grown up Aisha looks to me. She looks more like Abby and less like the squishy little sweetheart I remember. She'll do great in school. Britt, you described Abby so perfectly. My heart was hurting right along with yours. Maybe it's because she is so similar to you and I that we know EXACTLY how she feels. I was trying to get Kamden to sit on the potty this morning and was naming all the cousins that he looks up to that go potty, and he just lit up when I mentioned Abby and Aisha.....along with Chase, Marriner, Braxton, Blaze....! As I was listing all of my nieces and nephews I couldn't do it without tearing up. They are all so special to us. We miss and love you tons. Can't wait to see you again!
Wow- I can't believe it's time for that stage of life. Do you feel like it's flown by so fast? I have a feeling I will be crying too- so much to worry about. Thank goodness for the spirit that directs us as moms. It sounds like you are doing a fine job =)
Post a Comment