Thursday, September 25, 2008

Studio in the... basement?

A little while ago Joy told me that she wanted to start a dance studio here in Firth.She also asked me to help her out. As soon as she asked me I felt so good about it that it really took me off guard. I have been wanting to do something like this for a while, but not really wanting to take over my mom's position as drill team advisor. When this came up it seemed a perfect "Mommy Job" So here we are almost 40 students later and a studio with wood floors and mirrors in our basement. Having it in the basement was surprisingly Adam's idea and it worked out better than I thought. I was really nervous at first, but as always our Father in Heaven has taken care of us and as usual there is no need to worry.
We have five classes, I have the little ones by myself( Abby is in the class with me) and Joy and I team-teach the others. It's a lot of fun and very convenient for me, where it's at home and Adam does so much to help out when he is available.
Okay, just look at that angel face and you'll know how pleased she is with herself. She loves to dance especially in leotard and tights. I can't exactly say that I haven't been waiting for this time to come!

This is before we put in the wood floor. Here's Abby showin' off her skills. Look at those cute little legs :) She makes sure she's dressed a couple hours before her class starts and her constant question is "Mom, when is it my dance?" I have to remind her that she only has one class and she can't go to all of them.

9 comments:

Camille said...

What a great opportunity for you!

She is so cute! I bet you are excited to get her dancing. I'll have to have you teach my girls how to dance because it is NOT in me, as much as I wish it was!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys. I think that this is a great I idea. You guys will so awesome. I heard something about this through my sis in law Daina. 40 students! Wow that's a lot already. I will bring Jaylee to you guys when she is old enough. Good luck.

ranell said...

She is so adorable. But you guys know that. I want to see pictures of the studio with the floor in it.

Do you have the bar up yet?

I still LOVE that idea. Awesome job Britt!

Nathaniel and Julie Clinger said...

Your little dancer has grown so much. That is so exciting that you get to share something you love so much with her. That is awesome that you opened a studio in your basement. I now that if we were in Firth I would sign Jaicee up. She would love dancing. It is amazing how opportunities open up when we are ready for them. The Lord truely knows our righteous desires. Good luck with the studio.

Krysta McClure said...

What a great opportunity for the town of Firth to have! Glad things worked out so well. . . I'm sure this is a godsend to Joy as well. Wish we lived closer to help suopport your new endeavors. Good Luck!

Audra said...

That's so neat! My sisters just love dance class! They have to tell me about it every time they go.

Brittnee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan, Cyrie and Brielle said...

Britt, I had no idea! How exciting and so so perfect for you and Joy both. It's only a matter of time before my bug is in one of your classes (how young do you take--is 6 months pushing it ;) Anyway, miss ya tons. Time to get together again and catch up!

Brittnee said...

Thank you for posting this picture just for "Aunt Bicole"...but I also asked for a picture of my gorgeous/skinny sister in her Leo & tights!!! I will be waiting! Abby really makes a darling ballerina...I hope she sticks with it!