My Grandma Ivie was diagnosed with Alzheimer's years ago and has slowly been going down hill. Through this illness, my Grandpa has so willingly and lovingly taken care of her. Together, they have dealt with this humbly, growing ever closer to Heavenly Father.
Today, she has left her frail body and life on this earth to continue her journey towards eternity and perfection. I'm so happy for her, but my heart aches with her passing. Her laugh, her smile and phrases she would say will hopefully be ingrained in my memory.
I'm so thankful to be part of her posterity and legacy. What an amazing Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Daughter, Sister, and Friend.
" I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." -2nd Timothy4:7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
So sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandmother. I wish I could hug you. So here's a virtual hug from me. Love you Britt.
Oh, that is so sad for your grandpa. I always feel so sorry for the ones left behind. You know she is experiencing some amazing things right now, though. I love to think of that! It will be so hard for Brennan, Mary, and the kids not to be here for her funeral. I know those kids loved Grandma Ivie.
I'm sorry for your loss. We'll be praying for you all to feel her love and Heavenly Father's comfort.
I'm sorry for your loss. You'll be in our prayers.
Thinking of you. . . thank goodness for the knowledge of the plan of happiness. . . Families are Forever!
I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. But it sounds like she is in a better place. What a blessing it is for her to be where she is. Love you Britt.
What a beautiful tribute to your grandma -- you made me cry. I am sorry to hear of her passing, but she truly is in a better place. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Love ya, Leash.
I was looking for old roommates... so I googled and ta dah! How the heck are you? Your family is so big now! Holy smokes, I cannot believe how big your oldest is! But I remember now that you were pregnant right off... I got married almost 2 years ago and we have a 10 month old girl and a boy on the way. We live in Arizona so Austin can go to med school. If you want to see, check out pamelaandaustinmatthewsandfamily.blogspot.com. I'm so excited to have found you and seen your sweet little family!
Britt-
I was debating whether or not to post something about Grandma? I am so glad you did...your words said everything from my heart! So glad we were able to share this experience together!
Post a Comment