Monday, March 9, 2009

Five years and more in love than ever....

Yep, it was our five year anniversary on the 6th of this month. Crazy? Oh yeah. Although I can't say that it felt like only yesterday that we were married, but I can say that it doesn't feel like that long. Adam is the best thing that has happened to me! I love him so much and it grows deeper everyday. I am sooooo lucky ;)

We had planed a big trip, he took a week off of work, and of course things change.....like our budget:) Which is fine, we still got away for a couple of days to Utah. We left the girls with Adam's brother and sis-in-law, stayed in a nice hotel, and did what ever we wanted! There was no schedule and no hurry, it was just us. We had a lot of fun.


One of our stops was at the Salt Lake Temple (you can see it above our heads) It was probably my favorite part of our trip. I have never been before. I can't even describe the beauty and the spirit that is within those walls. Pretty amazing!


So we drop our kids off and where did we go? That right, the zoo:) It was cold and empty, but we had fun, all bundled up seeing the exciting sights and smelling the smells that only the zoo can provide ;)
We waited for someone to come by so they could take our picture, but like I said....empty. So Adam was a good enough sport to go solo and pose by the huge elephant. (he humors me with picture taking, if you can't tell by the look on his face)

9 comments:

Six Girls and One Boy said...

hahah, love the pic of you under the elephant. Well it looks like you guys had some fun alone. Anyways, I guess we'll see ya in Boise?

heather

Stephani Polson said...

Hi Brittnee! I saw your blog on Amber Tucker's. I hope that's ok! We also have a blog. Email me if you would like an invite! gs_polson@yahoo.com
Happy Anniversary!

Krysta McClure said...

Yea for you guys!!! You mean you came to Utah to celebrate and didn't include us in on the fun?!! :0) Hey, we'll be in Boise, too!

Audra said...

Aw. How fun! Happy Belated Anniversary! Glad you could get away for even just a few days. Don't ya just love the Salt Lake Temple? I think it's probably one of my favorites.

Tasha said...

How fun! Next time you are in utah you will have to let me know- i would love to catch up with you sometime!! =)

Devry said...

Britt! i saw your blog, your girls are so stinking cute! Preston and my blog is devryandpreston.blogspot.com, if you want to add us!

Ryan, Cyrie and Brielle said...

Happy Anniversary love birds!! I feel a little bit special that I got to witness the whole proposal (remember back in the day ;). And now two kids later and it looks like 'a happily ever after' in the making. Love ya!

The Richards Family said...

Hey Brit,
You two ARE in love. I'm glad you got to get away for a little bit. I miss you so much. Give the girls a kiss for me, and tell Adam to give YOU a kiss for me too! (on the cheek of course)
love ya,
Brooke

The Moss Fam said...

Hi Brittnee. I saw that you had a blog and wanted to say hi. Your family is so cute and congrates on the five years. It will be five years in June for us too.

Chelsie (Haney)