Sunday, February 22, 2009

Taking a moment.

There have been a lot of fun and cute moments that I have witnessed as a mom and to this I always say: "I need to write that down". So here it goes.... it might be a little long:)
Aisha-- she is so dang cute, I can hardly stand it! Although she has a huge vocabulary, I have yet to interpret her language. She uses a lot of the same words, I'm just not quite sure what they all are. The ones I do understand are: Mamma, Dada, graca(cracker), dee dee( drink) ankoo (thank you) koo koo (peek-a-boo), go, Seesa(Jesus) and several others I'm sure I'm forgetting. And she still signs a lot, which could be why she doesn't use a lot of words.
Her new loves are to cover my eyes with her tiny hands and say "wis mama?", give kisses (even though her SMAK is a little delayed), watch Cinderella(ra-ra), and to do everything that Abby is doing, whether it's running, dancing, singing, giggling, or sitting in time-out, she's right there with her. She is such a cute Character and is a big time mama's girl... Which can make me feel pretty good sometimes knowing that to her, I'm the coolest thing in the world.
Oh yeah, and when she feels like it she goes "stee-tee" in her potty... I don't know whether to force that one or not.
Abby--What a big girl lately, it's such a bitter-sweet thing. I love to watch her learn, grow up, and experience fun things that I remember as a kid and yet I can't stand the fact that it's going by way too fast. She is in primary now and LOVES class time and especially singing time. She picks up on the songs so quick and pronounces every word with a bob of her head :) And when it comes to a song she already knows, she turns to me and does her cute shrug and big smile- (the one she does when she's really excited about something, but too shy to let it all out). I'm in primary too, so I get to see her come in a little line with her arms folded and sit quietly in a chair just her size. Then she turns to wave at me and that's the part when I have to remind myself not to cry, quit watching her, and remember I have my own class to watch ;)
She is starting to ask questions that are pretty random, which is awesome because I know that the wheels are turning and she's trying to make sense of life. She is also into bigger words that she doesn't quite know the meanings of. For example: "I can't take two more bites, that's because it will make me really busy" or "While I go potty, you can go get my drink ready....that's a good joke." I think she meant to say a good deal :) Anyway, you get the idea. She always tells us that she loves us..." Mom, I love you, I love you this much" with her arms stretched out. And her new thing is to randomly come up to me when I'm sitting at her level, turn my head and kiss my four head. She loves to use her imagination as she plays and makes up really funny songs.

I love being a mama, what a blessing to have the privilege in raising these precious girls.

9 comments:

The Matthews Family said...

Oh thanks for sharing such cute things about your girls! I want to meet them now! They sound so precious!

Reed, Julie , Macie, Branson & Allie said...

It's so fun to hear about your little girls. My eyes got a bit watery:) They grow up SO fast!

Krysta McClure said...

Beautiful children. . . isn't their such satisfaction in being a mother?! Often makes me wonder what our Heavenly Mother must feel. . .

I didn't know you were in the Primary. . . what is your calling? And it looks like you have a mini Devanee there!!

Tasha said...

Cute background!! =) You have the cutest girls- I can't believe that you have a daugther old enough in primary, you are only a year older than me! Time sure flies by huh?! How fun! I love reading posts about being a mommy- i cant wait! aNY ADVICE??!

Joyfulmom8 said...

..... and as the years go by it just keeps getting better and better....and one day you realize you're watching that little girl of yours having her own babies and being a wonderful Momma... and you feel all proud and teary and thankful all over again. :)

I love reading your blog once in a while! Hope you don't mind me peeking in.

Fab Five said...

I love that Aisha sits in time out with Abby!!! How precious!!!

Linds said...

I cant believe how big they are! THey're beautiful!

Ryan, Cyrie and Brielle said...

Aren't we SOOOO lucky to be at home with out little ones to witness all there most precious moments? Thanks for sharing yours--it makes me want to hold onto every second and make everday a little more memorable than the last :)

Dean Family said...

Britt-
Consider this to be your journal and scrapbook for now! I love how descriptive you are about each girl and the cute things they are doing. Aisha's words are so darling and I know you will miss them when she starts pronouncing them "correctly"! Love you Sis, and hope to see you in April?!