Before I knew it Abby was starting her first day of kindergarten. She was soooo excited to go. I drove her on the first day (more for me than for her) and as soon as we got there and she saw all the kids going in, her grip got tighter and tighter. "Mom, look at all those classes" As we walked in a couple of kids from our ward said "HI, ABBY"....which brought a big smile to her face, but no words. Then her (very enthusiastic) teacher gave her a big hug and said "I know both your grandmas and your great-grandma" that triggered her big smile again, but still no words came out. She SLOWLY found a seat, keeping me in her sights and gave a little wave goodbye. The hardest part was walking out of the building trying to keep my tears from spilling over as people were asking how I was holding up. I am so excited for Abby and I wouldn't want her to miss this opportunity and the excitement of getting big... so why is there a part of me (a big part) that CAN'T STAND to let her go :(Saturday, September 4, 2010
Don't blink...
Before I knew it Abby was starting her first day of kindergarten. She was soooo excited to go. I drove her on the first day (more for me than for her) and as soon as we got there and she saw all the kids going in, her grip got tighter and tighter. "Mom, look at all those classes" As we walked in a couple of kids from our ward said "HI, ABBY"....which brought a big smile to her face, but no words. Then her (very enthusiastic) teacher gave her a big hug and said "I know both your grandmas and your great-grandma" that triggered her big smile again, but still no words came out. She SLOWLY found a seat, keeping me in her sights and gave a little wave goodbye. The hardest part was walking out of the building trying to keep my tears from spilling over as people were asking how I was holding up. I am so excited for Abby and I wouldn't want her to miss this opportunity and the excitement of getting big... so why is there a part of me (a big part) that CAN'T STAND to let her go :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Love it! Can't believe you have such a BIG girl! : ) And while now I say I can't wait until Makenna starts school, I'm sure when that day comes I will be bawling!
Oh, Brit!!! I hear every emotion you describe. It is not fair that they grow up so quickly. I just want to hold them close forever and never let them go. She is so beautiful, just like her mommy! Wish we lived closer to share in such moments together with children so close in ages.....
Skinny Jeans and a side pony?!!! What a darling girl Britt...Abby is so precious and I know she will love school and make "best friends" that will last all year long! Tell her I love her so much!
Brit, you documented that so well. You will be so glad that you got all those fun pics...what a good momma you are! Abby is just so cute, she looks so excited. Can't believe you have a child in school!
Abby is so darling Brit. I have to remind myself that Jaxon is going to get older. I forget that he is going to grow up sometimes. I am sure it was a bitter sweet moment for you to have her start school. You are such a good mom! Love you
Post a Comment