Friday, October 8, 2010

A Good Day...

I know it's a good day when... It starts out with a kiss from the Hubs. After he goes to class, I grab that little squeaker from her crib and slide back a warm bed. I laugh and kiss and coo with her until the other two come running in with crazy hair, puffy eyes and blankies dragging behind them. We play and cuddle until the bellies growl and they let me know it's time to get out. After a happy morning from ALL of them, (can you believe it) I get the baby down, putter around the house, and we watch a movie... all of us under one big blanket. Then with nowhere to go and a next to nothing "to do" list, it's time to play! I found myself in a swirl of tickle torture, evil queens with pet kitties, every princess you can think of, crowns, necklaces, dresses and a man-eating blanket! Even when Mom is worn out, they continue to play by THEMSELVES! I later found those two giggling in their closet. When I opened it up they looked at me with squinty eyes, had books in their hands and sitting on all the shoes (I don't know how they could see the books in the dark:)) I still know it's a good day because even when the baby is awake, that "mamma's girl" sits and keeps herself entertained letting me walk by a couple times without crying. It continued on like this all day with a couple phone calls and texts from loved ones. And now as I sit here eating cookie dough (thanks Brooke) I can't help but wonder why all my days or even a few of them can't be like this. Is it my fault? Probably. Is it just life? Maybe. For whatever the reason I thank Heavenly Father for granting me this tender mercy today. And with His help I'm going to shoot for these kind of days more often.

5 comments:

Heather Williams said...

what a great day! You know, they were probably all having such a fun day because they could see their momma enjoying herself with no stress and not much on her to-do list. Good for you for taking the time to just play with them...we do need more moments like this and shoot, like you said, why not?!

By the way...LOVE the new family pic, Britt, you are so beautiful...seriously!

Can't wait to see you guys.

The Cook Family said...

Britt, that sounds like an amazing day! I don't know why every day can't be that way. Maybe we can only appreciate those good days after we have experienced the not-so-good ones. Anyway, I'm glad you had it. Your kids are so darling, and I love them to pieces. Your such a great mother and wife. Thanks for sharing. It gives me hope!! Love you.

Krysta McClure said...

Loved reading your thoughts for the day.... simply put, you are an amazing mother. Glad your day was as beautiful as you..... love the new family pics!

Fab Five said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Yup, gotta treasure those times because they are few and far between!

Dean Family said...

I am a little behind (November 14th)...but what a post Britt! I could picture every minute you spent with your girls and "perfect days" like this are really hard to find...but when you do, you grab tight and never let go! I am so proud of the mother and woman you have become. I love you with all my heart--Nic
p.s. I love the new pic's...good job Nat!