Thursday, June 7, 2012

Lucky 7

I'm a little behind, but Abby turned seven in April!! Seven? I just cannot wrap my head around it. It's so cliche to say it, but she is growing way too fast. I have tons of memories of when I was seven. And here I am 20 years later with a family of my own! It really hits hard because I was seven when my Dad passed away and I think how many memories she is already creating.   I do, however, love having a "grown-up" around to talk to and laugh with during the day. She is my right hand lady and I love Abbs with all my heart. I rejoice and ache in her joys and sorrows as I relive the stages she goes through. What joy she has brought to us these past seven years!

 Back by popular demand... the rainbow cake,  Good thing it's an easy one!

 Opening presents with Grandma Dye and Great Grandma Merkley after dinner at Craigos.

My beautiful mom.  Lucky girl to have both grandparents close by!


 Such a poser!  Always wants her picture taken...

   Abby takes pretty good care of these two hulagins:)  Something so special about sisters!

You are so special, Abby.  Never forget that and always know how much you are loved!



4 comments:

Krysta McClure said...

AHHHH! Look at those three adorable girls! You are one lucky mamma!

Hope you are feeling okay.... it's the final countdown!

Meagan Ivie said...

What an ADORABLE family! We miss and love you guys so much!

Linds said...

Seven is a little scary. I'm on the verge of a breakdown just because Skye starts Kindergarten this August. I may survive.
Can't wait for your 'new arrival' blog post! No delaying on that one, got it?! ;)

The Cook Family said...

I LOVE that girl! And it makes my heart ache to think she's that old. Seven was a big year for me as well. There something special about that age. It's a year of learning, growing, and preparing for the BIG 8! With tears in my eyes and a smile on my face I say, I MISS YOU ALL AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AT THE END OF THIS MONTH!