Saturday, January 23, 2010
That's my girl!
Aisha is FAMOUS for her bumps and bruises. I love her to death, but she is somewhat of a klutz! She literally floats through this life with hardly a care in the world. When I say float, I mean that she dances wherever she goes and does random spins here and there....which often leads to a bump on the head. I guess I'm not giving her enough credit, the falls have slowed down considerably, but just when I think she is stable....I have to think again! Take last nigh for instance, I was cooking dinner and the girls where playing, nothing out of the ordinary, but then there was a HUGE crash and scream. I ran to see Aisha face down lying next to the bench that goes with our table. Abby, our "informer" runs to me and says "Mom, I saw the whole thing". Apparently, Aisha had her blanket in front of her (probably trying to tie it around her like a dress) stepped on it, slipped and hit her cheekbone on the corner of the bench. The poor girl doesn't usually get off easy when it comes to her falls, her eye was immediately purple and swollen. She is such a trooper, after only a few minutes of crying (yes, I was crying too. I'm pretty sure my nerves are shot) she looks up at me with a puffy cheek, smiles and says "I'm happy. Mama happy?" It was the cutest/sadest thing, I cried even more. She didn't look too bad this morning, it's still swollen and blue, but she hasn't complained one time. I keep thinking that it could have been worse and I'll take her in any way....clumsy or not! I love you my sweet Aisha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh Brittnee, I'm so sorry. I love how you said Aisha floats through life without a care....does randoms spins here and there..that describes her perfectly. I love how she was trying to put the blanket on herself like a dress. With my boys, its a cape...but same idea. I totally understand your tears also. Being pregnant does a number on the emotions and to add a huge swollen purple eye to the mix....it would be hard not to have a breakdown. I love you so much, good luck with the upcoming sweetheart!
Britt, I'm in tears now too. I hate it when kids get hurt. They're swollen and blue and then they try to put on a happy face, that makes it even more sad. I know exactly how you felt. You described that perfectly. I'm sorry. She is such a special little girl, and I hope she keeps that care free attitude all her life. She is so hilarious. . . I love her personality. I was just looking through some old pictures I had in storage and found some of Abby when she was probably a month old. She was so precious. How time flies! Now you'll soon have another little angel in your family. Can't wait. Love you so much!
Okay so is that not the sweetest thing. Kids are warriors.
Aww. Poor girly & poor mommy. I swear our kids will be the death of us.
Britt-
What a sweetheart sister and niece I have! Brittnee you are so tender hearted and your girls know how much you love them and they always feel safe and comforted even when something bad happens to them! You are a great example to me, and I hope I can be more sympathetic instead of getting mad at my kids when they fall down!
Oh poor kid! I hate when they get hurt. They bounce back so quick though. It makes me a little jealous that we can't do that!
Hey I hope you don't mind me taking a peek at your blog. I came across it the other day and had to look! We have a blog too but its private so if you want, send me an email and I will invite ya!!!
laura.jolley@hotmail.com
Post a Comment